- Believe it or not, you may not need a fishing license:
- If you fish from the either of the two wharves, you do not need a fishing license thanks to Public Trust Doctrine traditions public wharves have evolved with.
- However, if you step on the beach or into a boat, you must have a fishing license.В WE NO LONGER SELL FISHING LICENSES AT OUR STORES, but you can purchase them from the California fish and game website. If you forget and you are desperate, there are places nearby to obtain one.
- Capitola: CVS or Outdoor World on 41st Avenue.
- Santa Cruz: Outdoor World on River Street or Bayside Marine at the Harbor.